Why work for O-NET?
Our vision at O-NET is to enhance the quality of life for our community members and foster economic growth through progressive technology solutions and bridge the digital divide between urban and rural communities, driving how people connect with each other and the world! We are proud to employ a talented, professional team of dedicated employees who are located right here in Alberta, who are passionate about their work and community, and have a relentless focus on personal, prompt, friendly, and exceptional, customer service. We value our people and are committed to providing a diverse, supportive and rewarding team environment. O-NET, Fresh, Locally Grown.
The O-NET team is seeking an experienced permanent, full-time Senior Network Administrator with solid technical knowledge of IP networks and infrastructure. As a vital member of our technology team, this position leads the delivery of high-quality fibre optic (FTTP) based internet, television broadcasting (IPTV), and voice service to our clients. This position is responsible for strategic network planning, implementation, and operation of our routing, switching, security, and supporting IT environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to challenge your technical, creative problem solving and customer service skills, in a community-driven organization, then we have the right job for you! This is the perfect job for an experienced Network Administrator professional who is looking to broaden their skill set in a dynamic environment. In this small team environment, you will have the opportunity to mentor others and help O-NET meet the needs of the community.
When you join us, you will:
- Design and implement network solutions according to business requirements, interact with vendors, and collaborate with teams throughout the organization.
- Perform network installation, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for a variety of networking devices. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Implement local and regional IP networks for LAN, WAN and telecommunications environments.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Perform occasional 24/7 on-call duties.
What are we looking for?
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Certification in CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred.
Technical Competencies, Skill and Knowledge:
- Progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Proven experience in Data Center Routing and Switching (Cisco, Nokia, and Juniper).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, packet capture, protocol analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Proficiency in LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching with a strong understanding of BGP.
- Working knowledge of FTTP GPON/XGSPON/NGPON technologies would be an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of multicast services to support our IPTV platforms.
Soft Skill Competencies:
- Effective Leadership of ideas and people with a deep understanding of business capabilities & processes.
- Collaborative team player who can effectively participate in meetings and positively influence outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to contribute to our culture focused on accountability, connection and excellence.
- Focus on continued improvement and service excellence.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Autonomy & decision-making skills.
What we can offer you!
- Opportunity to join a continually growing organization.
- Opportunity to work with an individual leader in fibre optic-based Internet in Alberta.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Wellness Program), with company paid premiums.
- Insurance (Life, STD, LTD)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, Observed holidays)
- Wellness days
- Flexible work options
- Hybrid Work Eligible position- O-NET’s core network is located in data centre facilities in Olds, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta. The role will be flexible to work remotely and onsite when required to fulfill specific hands-on needs.
- Professional Development
- An outstanding working environment
- Company events
- Positive work culture, that has enhanced our commitment to people; both our employees and the community we serve.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is excited to give back to the community through donations to local clubs and not-for-profit organizations; hosting many community events and providing free public Wi-Fi in parks and green spaces throughout our community.
If you are passionate about working for a company who gives you a platform to do amazing things, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or in person to: #1, 5102-52 Street, Olds, Alberta. T4H 1P8 by August 15, 2022. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
To help us learn more about you, in your cover letter please clearly detail the following:
- Why do you want to work as the Senior Network Administrator for O-NET?
- What skills, experience, and most importantly, attitude will you bring to enhance the team and enrich our community?
O-NET is committed to ensuring the safety of staff and patients and requires the following must be provided prior to your first day of work:
Security Screening: Satisfactory criminal record check and/or Vulnerable Sector Search. Additionally, all employees have an ongoing duty to disclose any charges or convictions that may occur during their employment with O-NET.
COVID-19 Immunization: Proof of full immunization against COVID-19. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
O-NET is committed to providing high quality client-centered care by attracting, engaging, and developing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Diversity at O-NET means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.